Packing for a honeymoon is one of the most exhilarating experiences. You have your mind so completely focused on the wedding itself that you can’t seem to think about much else. But when you have just a moment to realize that you’re about to go on a trip of a lifetime — this probably causes the same shock of happiness that someone experiences when they are told their number just won the lottery!
Packing for a honeymoon is crucial… it’s the biggest trip of your life and your first time traveling as a new version of your lovely lady self – a wife! You probably look amazing at this point from all that “sweating for the wedding” and juicing to look glorious in that perfectly tailored dress, so the honeymoon is the ultimate opportunity to look and feel great. To do so, it’s important to put thought into preparing for your trip.
One suggestions I have shared with fellow brides is to treat yourself to some little “honeymoon gifts” to make the trip feel more special than any other! Pick a few items that simply make you happy and feel good — then wrap them up in something pretty and tuck the gifts away in your suitcase a week before the wedding day. By the time you land, check-in and unpack that suitcase, you’ll surprise yourself with those little treats you packed away for this special occasion! Some easy gifts to yourself to consider are the following: your favorite soaps, candles, shampoos, new pajamas or a brand new bikini.
I recently returned from my honeymoon and oh lady, was it amazing! We traveled to French Polynesia and saw the islands of Tahiti, Taha’a, Bora Bora and Moorea. Before the trip I followed my own advice: a week prior to the wedding I carefully packed some of my favorite goodies for the honeymoon. The entire week of the wedding I never had one minute to think about the honeymoon or the treats I had packed. When we arrived and I unloaded my luggage it felt like opening up mutiple Christmas gifts! My friends knew how important this trip was for my husband and I, so being the sweet ladies that they are, they decided to surprise me on the wedding day with a few special items for the vacation that I packed too! Of all the items that I packed for the honeymoon, here were my favorite treats to have on the trip. Take a look and consider packing these great items for your honeymoon travel!
1. A book and a bottle. Pack your favorite bottle of champagne or wine. Well of course the hotels anywhere in the world have wine and champagne! But let’s be real here, ladies… A bottle of wine at top hotels can be pretty expensive ($100 and up) and when you are relaxing in your hotel room as newlyweds you might not want to deal with the hassle of calling room-service to interrupt you. Plus some foreign hotels might not carry your favorite bottle of Italian Chianti or Cupcake wine. If you are checking a bag, take a towel or bubble wrap and carefully pack your favorite bottle. It’s nice to have and a great way to start the trip before picking up the phone for room service. I packed a yummy bottle of Sancerre. And there on my chair – my book – I chose to read a crazy tell-all about Hollywood, Coreyography. Pretty graphic novel but had some interesting stories about Michael Jackson and his love for Disneyland and Apple Juice.
2. A bag with your NEW name/ initials. Call me a diva but there is nothing wrong with getting the bag of your dreams – the Mon Monogram bag by LV has been one of the most popular totes for 2014. People are raving about this customized bag and I am too! Especially with my new name on it! Order a Mon Monogram Here!
3. Bridal Uggs. My Bridesmaids bought these for me as a surprise even though I told them not to… these ladies tend to be a little too generous so I asked them graciously to pipe down. These boots are perfect for the end of the wedding night (when your feet kill) and can be comfy on a long plane – a great gift idea for a friend getting married! I wore them while traveling for the day and felt like I was walking in slippers. I have also seen brides rock these under their wedding gowns for the colder months/ winter weddings — check them out! They come in various different bridal styles. Bridal Uggs Here!
4. Honeymoon Games. These were another gift from my sister and we loved them! These “how well do you know your groom/bride” book games are hilarious and so much fun to play while laying on the beach. You can find them at most bookstores or on Amazon. I just bought a pack of these books for a friend getting married soon. There is nothing more hilarious than having a few drinks and playing this game together – the questions are pretty creative so expect a lot of laughs! Buy the Books Here!
5. Lingerie Bag. Another great gift received and packed as a honeymoon essential. A close friend of mine had this bag made for me and I loved using it to pack! You can use these little bag for lingerie, your undergarments, or bathing suits. It’s a great way to stay organized and have something personal for your trip. It’s available in several different designs and colors – this would be a great gift idea for the next bridal shower or bachelorette party! Shop Custom Bags Here!
6. Floats. This was the by far the most crucial item that I packed for our trip. I heard through the grapevine that we should pack floats for the trip. So we went on Amazon and bought a pack of 2 — packed them away in a bag easily since they didn’t take up much space deflated. When we arrived in Bora Bora we inflated the floats and lounged on them all day long. The hotel did not provide floats so it was great to have them. They are not that expensive, easy to fold up and pack. Buy Your Float Here!
7. Mr. & Mrs. Pillow Cases. Another great way to personalize your trip and make it more special than all the others — indulge in some honeymooner pillow cases! This is also a great gift idea for a friend getting married – they are easy to pack and fun to have on the trip or even at home. Get Pillow Cases Here!
Make your honeymoon extra special for yourself or for a friend… These are just a few honeymoon packing and gifting ideas, but the possibilities are endless! It always puts a smile on someone’s face to get something personalized to their experience or upcoming travel. And it will definitely put a smile on YOUR face if you pack these items for your honeymoon of a lifetime! Happy packing and honeymooning! Love,