It’s hard to say NO to a wedding in Miami, Florida. But when you get invited to your best friend’s wedding… well, you’ll be there no matter where it is, right?
Good thing she picked Miami…
Meet Caitlin and Lucas, two of my best friends! They are an eccentric and cool couple who treated their closest friends + family to one of the hippest weddings that I’ve ever been to. The weekend started with a warm welcome from the couple: personalized baskets full of fruit and goodies placed on our fluffy white beds at the Standard Hotel of South Beach Miami. Immediately upon arrival we were handed a white robe and encouraged to just go relax — “enjoy all that Miami has to offer”. Boy was that easy! From the sparkling swimming pool, champagne served in hammocks swinging from palm trees, a “robe friendly” dresscode, rooftop yoga sessions, and a co-ed spa offering customized mud mask treatments… YES, this hotel was the perfect Miami oasis to simply let go.
After some rest and relaxation, it was time for the main event. We all congregated in a small park to watch the couple say personalized vows sealed with a kiss. Short but sweet, we then walked over to the docks at the Standard Hotel where a spectacular reception awaited us. With the Miami sunset in the backdrop, the dinner party decor and details were magnificent. You would think that they hired Miami’s top designer to create the space, but no…Believe it or not, the bride herself hand-made every element and detail of the party! From the tye-dye linen napkins, the menus, to carefully crafted paper flowers scattered on each table — yes… the BRIDE herself really did it all!
Here are the Top 10 Ladyhattan Favorites:
1. A beautiful bride glowing in perfect Miami weather – 70s and sunny as the Polar Vortex took over the rest of the United States with freezing tempatures.
2. Personalized vows sealed with a kiss.
3. A short but sweet ceremony followed by a long party until the break of dawn. They even organized private tables and bottle service at Miami’s Bardot Lounge – Check it out!
4. DIY SUCCESS! From the napkins, to the menus, candles, jars, and paper flowers, the bride brought to life a beautiful dinner party with her crafty and creative personality. Everything you see was designed and created by Caitlin. Click here to find out how to make your own paper flowers!
5. The groom, originally from Oregon, has traveled back home with the bride several times. They both love the delicious wines hailing from the vineyards of Oregon. The couple even has dreams of opening their own Oregon vineyard someday! To personalize the Miami affair, their favorite Oregon wines were passed out to guests.
6. From cocktails to toasts and a seated three course dinner, guests experienced it all to the backdrop of the sun slowly setting. The sky evolved from hues of light blue, purple, to orange and red.
7. Along with their favorite Oregon wines, the couple picked Miami inspired cocktails to share with guests. My personal favorite was the “Miami Mojito” – yummy!
8. Paired with all these delicious beverages, servers passed numerous small-bites selected by Caitlin. Being both a total foodie and yogi, she loves sharing savory meals that are actually good for your health. Here is a perfect example — shots of gazpacho!
9. At nightfall Lucas serenaded his new wife with a song that he wrote for her. Circled around the couple, we listened to his heartfelt beats and lyrics as Caitlin’s grin grew ear to ear.
10. And the grand finale! Paper wish lanterns served with the wedding cake! Each guest was given a wish lantern — we lit the lanterns and watched them float away in the Miami night sky as we silently made our warmest wishes for the happy couple. Buy your own wish lanterns here!
What a joy it was to be part of this celebration! Thank you to Caitlin & Lucas for welcoming us to your hometown of Miami! A big thank you to The Standard of Hotel for your hospitality, service and food (thanks, Oscar, you were fabulous)! Check-out the unofficial video feature made by the groom himself with his go-pro camera in action during the celebration:
We loved staying with you and look forward to returning for Miami fun as the winter season approaches here in Manhattan. Until the next sweet escape.