Spring break is right around the corner and many of you might be planning an exciting trip to a warmer place — how about Cabo San Lucas? The “treat yourself to travel” feature is my recent trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. These photographs (all taken by my camera!) are from my stay at the premier hotel in Cabo San Lucas, the Capella Pedregal — a stunning oceanfront property overlooking Mexico’s Baja Peninsula. Why go to Cabo? Here are the highlights of the trip and reasons to travel there:
- Easy direct flights out of JFK/ Newark (about 5 hours total travel)
- Reasonably priced restaurants in downtown – from cheaper taco huts to five star hotspots, you can find something that works with your budget — my absolute favorite restaurant in town is called Edith’s – authentic Mexican at its finest
- ATV Riding tours along the Pacific coast
- Endless water sports available (jet ski, boating, parasailing, private surf lessons, etc)
- Stellar resorts and hotel options
- Predictable weather patterns
- Exotic flavored margaritas on the beach
- Fun shopping at local boutiques and flea markets in downtown
- Open door policy at historic church landmarks (I attended a beautiful Catholic service and it was a really beautiful experience)
- Friendly locals and safe community throughout downtown
A long cave through a mountain leads you to the entrance to the Capella Pedregal hotel.
Capella Pedregal hotel accommodations.
Rustic but modern details in the bathrooms.
By far the most incredible couch I have ever rested on – in the living room area of the suites.
Outdoor private pool/ hot tub space adjacent to the deck.
Spacious kitchen area with wood beaming – gorgeous.
Pathways during the day – at night all the candles & lanterns guide the way by light.
Pool views – infinity pool overlooking pacific ocean.
Afternoon of ATV riding. Scary at first but exhilarating.
Trees lit up at night throughout with mini lanterns or ornaments by local artists.
Spa area highlighted by shooting waterfalls into a giant warm outdoor bath.
Relaxation lounges and cozy couch areas of the spa.
The outside view of private suites – each one has their own outdoor space & hot tub/ pool.
Flea market shopping – local artists sell a variety of trinkets and souvenirs for tourists.
Exiting the Capella resort there is a large reflection pool design overlooking the ocean.
There is no better time to get on a plane and find a warm beach. Whether it be Cabo or some other fantastic destination, find time to treat yourself to travel. Until the next sweet escape…